2023 Bali Retreat
Release & Liability Waiver
I understand that yoga requires and includes physical movements. I realize that yoga also provides relaxation, stress relief, stress education, and awareness. As with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. If I experience any pain or discomfort, I will notify the instructor, adjust my posture and listen to my body. I will not push my body too far and will ask for support from the teacher if needed.
Yoga is not a substitute for medical care or diagnosis. Yoga can work well in conjunction with traditional medical care. I will practice yoga only after discussing it with my doctor and gaining their approval. I affirm that I alone am responsible to decide whether to practice yoga. I hereby agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims that I have now or hereafter may have against Anne Pauline Abadie.
1. I am participating in yoga classes, workshops and other wellness, exercise and healing arts activities (collectively, the “Activities”) offered by Anne Pauline Abadie and/or its instructors, workshop presenters, employees, and independent contractors. I understand that the Activities require physical exertion which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury. I am fully aware of the risks involved.
2. I recognize that I must be in good physical and mental health to participate in the Activities. I understand that the Activities require physical exertion, and I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation in the Activities. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Activities. If I have consulted a physician, I have taken the physician’s advice. I understand that Anne Pauline Abadie reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse my participation in an Activity on medical, fitness or other grounds.
3. I am in proper physical condition to participate in the Activities. I understand my physical limitations and am sufficiently self-aware to stop physical activity before I become ill or injured. I understand that it is my continuing responsibility to inform Anne Pauline Abadie of any previous medical conditions, injuries or surgeries prior to my first class and any future changes to my medical condition.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the Activities with Anne Pauline Abadie.
5. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities, I knowingly, voluntarily a waive any claim I might have against Anne Pauline Abadie, its members, workshop presenters, independent contractors for any Claim that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities with Anne Pauline Abadie even if the Claim arises from the negligence of any Released Party or anyone else.
6. I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Anne Pauline Abadie for any injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
7. I hereby understand that Anne Pauline Abadie from time to time may photograph or video classes or events and place such photographs and videos on its Website. I hereby consent to the use of my image that may appear in any such photograph or video.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily and knowingly agree to the above terms and conditions. I am aware that by signing this release and waiver of liability, I am giving up substantial rights, including my right to sue and certain legal rights my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns may have against any Released Party.